Call Paul Davis: Do You Know Black Mold?
Every homeowner dreads black mold, but what is it? Black mold (also known as Stachybotrys) likes to grow in wet places and is usually seen around condensation or where there’s been water damage. Spores come into your house through doors, small openings or tracked on personal items and clothing. While most fungus around your house are nothing to worry about, this variety causes health problems if neglected.
What are the Health Risks?
The spores black mold releases are the reason behind black mold poisoning. The most common symptoms include chronic coughing, eye, nose and throat irritation as well as skin rashes. Other symptoms include chronic fatigue and persistent headaches. Nausea, vomiting and bleeding in the lungs and nose occur in the most serious cases of long term exposure.
Information about Mold
Mold doesn’t take long to permeate walls, floors and ceilings. Whenever your home suffers water damage, you should have a Paul Davis technician check the walls for mold infestations. They can go ignored for weeks, and then appear essentially overnight.
Once mold forms colonies in your living space, it immediately breeds and discharges toxins that make life unpleasant for residents:
- Mold emits a pungent, mildewed odor that prevents rooms from smelling clean.
- Mold wreaks havoc on allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- Mold can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can trigger chronic inflammation and ongoing cold-like symptoms.
- Individuals with compromised immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare instances, mold toxins can cause neurological issues or even death.
- The more prolonged the exposure, the greater the danger.
Exceptionally damp homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold infestations even if no water damage has happened. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an skillful opinion immediately.
If you want to eradicate mold, the atmosphere where it prospers must first be removed. Water sources have to be handled, and any residual moisture must be thoroughly dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a leaky roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to curtail the tide. Moisture can drench hidden areas of your home. Without proper cleanup procedures, mold will keep coming back to these spots.
If you think your house may contain black mold, call Paul Davis now. We safely inspect and confirm the presence of black mold before removal. Depend on our professionals to remove black mold effectively. Keep your family safe, request an inspection for black mold now.